For lunch today, I veganized a creamy jalapeño soup! Here’s how I did it.
The recipe I used it from here and I just did an ole switch-a-roo on a couple of ingredients.
Here is the list of ingredients:
- 4 green jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and chopped (roughly 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped (roughly 1 small onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened (I used Earth Ballance butter)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable) (Switched for Better Than Bouillon, No Chicken Base)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or milk (Used coconut milk instead of)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped and peeled (I mixed in a tablespoon of tomato paste)
Simple easy conversion to make this dish vegan friendly.